- Look at them! They are all together! Like the angels! Are they sleeping?! – I heard Mistress saying with an astonished voice.
She had made the last shopping for Saint Valentine Day.
We pretend to be asleep in the most curious positions as surprised us the mistress. She entered inside with easy steps so we have not heard her coming. All of us were too absorbed by the birds’ movie. I looked among the eyelashes and I saw Dog standing up with the head on the window’s board snoring busily. Between the dog’s paws, was laying crashed Fatty boy, which seamed to give a big hug to his big brother. Mr. Mousetick disappeared between the folds of the curtain.
The mistress was in a hurry to prepare the Saint Valentine feast table. She was expecting her husband to charm him again, I thought closely supervising her.
- Hey, guys, enough with the play, everybody at their place…- she clapped three times to wake up us. I know that you are joking and you want to play, but is no time for this.
As the biggest sentimental swindlers as we are, we looked at her so innocent and so languorous, that she came to us and gave a hot kiss each of us.
- My sweet kids go to your bed. I must prepare the Valentine evening day! I am late dears…
The car’s door had been heard outside. Husband came earlier at home than usually.
- Honey, enough with cooking for today! We are going to have a real Saint Valentine day in town. I reserved places for this evening at the same restaurant when we had the first date.
- No way!…I want to have this feast at home…Why didn’t you ask me before to reserve the table?… I don’t have any special dress…I will be as a Cinderella, there…My old dress is too small now…and what to do with my shopping?
She started to be nervous and I felt the storm in air.
- There is no problem dear…take a look here…- and he gave her a flat package. Let’s get ready for this old and new Saint Valentine Day. I do not accept any refusal, any excuses. One evening, we deserve to be “en tête à tête” !
He was very serious.
- Leave the shopping on the table and let’s go!
- But…we don’t have enough money…
Go, go, goooo…I whispered in a song to impress the odds. I want to have a real feast evening with my friends, too.
- Hurrah! Finally they went!
Us, the house’s animals, started to writhe in our bed. The Masters were away. One by one, with precaution we investigated the field to discover if the trace of our masters went to the door. Dog looked out the window to see them. He didn’t see them no where.
- Really they are gone! – validated the dog.
- Let’s start the feast! – encouraged us Fatty boy. Eih, Mr. Mousetick, where are you?!…We have a feast! We are going to eat only delicatessen!
- Can you tell me from where? We have only dry food! – I asked him. The only source is the counter from the kitchen, where is stored the shopping.
- That’s right! – You guessed very well, my dear sis – he hiccuped with pleasure thinking at the food from the table.
- I am the Master of Ceremonies – barked with emphasis the dog.
He didn’t finish well the words and he was on the top of counter throwing in rushing the food from the paper bags. The food fell on the floor spreading in all direction.
I could see some minced meat, sausages, a plastic bag containing slices which seamed to be meat, several pieces of cheese, a chocolate cake shaped as a human heart, a small jar with black beads smelling as fish, bread which I don’t like it, but humans are mad about it, red heart-shaped fruits that they name “strawberry” and big green beads gathered bundle like balloons.
- Guys, not everything from here is good to eat! – I concluded
We were so excited that we forgot to arrange a festive atmosphere. Everybody was too preoccupied to find something to eat for himself.
Fatty boy was in the middle of Food Mountain trying to capture as much was possible for him. It was so cute sitting above the food with legs wide open.
- Dog open this small container, pleeease… – I said greedy. It’s good smelling as fish and I am mad about it.
Just a bit and the lid of the plastic container was broken.
- Oh, God! It’s sooooo….gooood! – I talked with full mouth. I put aside all good manners and cat education received from my mom, Belle Chat. Thank you Dog! – remembering that I forgot this elementary and magnificent word which open the doors.
- Fatty boy come and taste these beads, are amazing!
- Hm,hm…No…I have anything else more good…my brother was struggling with the ham slices.
- Dog, what are you eating? Let me see! – and I approached him. I was so curious.
Dog, took the biggest package which smelled as meat. It was almost over.
- Rrrrr…don’t touch my supper, cat. I gave you what you wanted – the dog looked at me with hate. He grinned, showing his fangs.
- Oh, sorry buddy, no offense, but we are friends and brothers in the Saint Valentine night. We must share all.
- Brother, brother and sister, sister, but the cheese is mine! – cried with all his forces Mr. Mousetick, which I never heard his voice by then. He was half hidden in the big hole of cheese.
As nobody wanted to share with me anything, I decided to attack the cake which was lying scattered in a big splash on the floor.
- Really a heaven’s food. These humans know how to perform for the mouth pleasure. What I don’t like is this red fruit named strawberry. It’s so sweet the cake!
I was already so full of food that I couldn’t move easily. After my hospitalization I lost my appetite. I was washing my whiskers when I saw a cartoon colorful and funny box. I smell it and a vanilla odor hit me. I licked it and I felt it very cold, but sweet.
- Hmmm, very interesting a frozen food, delicious…It’s melting in my mouth. It seams to be a sweet water but frozen. What can be it?… I muttered that to me.
- It’s ice cream. Let me lick a little bit… to taste it – said victorious the dog. I am a “connoisseur”. The humans are making the ice cream all season. I ate it many times, even in the summer.
- Haaa!… What did you said? – Did you forget how you rejected me when I asked you …
- Shut up cat! – and he laughed at me. I am bigger than you.
- Yes you are bigger and I am an infirm now. You take advantage… you tease a poor cripple cat – I whispered and pulling me out in front of him.
- Take the box! It’s your – giving it a last one lick.
In fact I was very satisfied. A cat that keeps her silhouette never eats to satiety. I do not speaking about my brother. He is the biggest gourmand as I know.
Fatty boy passed to eat chocolate with syrup inside from a red box. He crouched down and started to hiccup.
- I am feeling groggy bra…brat…brothers…Ooooh…My stomach hurts me. I am deadbeat. I feel like vomit and shit in the same time…Maybe if I will eat another piece of this enchanted chocolate I will restore me…
Meanwhile Dog had found a small white package about 1 lbs. and he swallowed greedily.
- Strange, it’s a little bitter that! – Soft, fresh and bitter… Ah… let’s eat the chocolate with syrup like Fatty boy. Aha, it’s with alcohol…Hmm, yamy…
I was looking after Mr. Mousetick (he delighted with a biscuit from the plate on the table), when Dog howled long to the window. On the window, the Moon face had been made visible between the trees’ branches.
- Peooople, peeeeople… Moooooon, dear peee…the dog shouted increasingly louder.
Fatty boy crawled to the exit door to have a fresh breeze. He was sick from food and drink. Finally, he relieved spitting on the entrance carpet. Dog as a good friend of him, did the same thing. He vomit and shitted on the same carpet.
It was too late to warn them that the Masters will be very angry seeing the carpet turned into a toilet.
Dog, Fatty boy and Mr. Mousetick were so drunk but happy, that they were laughing from all heart taking into each other.
The “Hiiii, hiii” and “Haaam, haaam…” and “Miam, Miaaaam” were mixed forming a chorus of cacophonous sounds.
This is Dog tipsy on the Master’s armchair. He just got some high trills when …
… in the climax of the party, our Masters have returned destroying the charm of this unforgettable evening. We were so surprised by their invasion that we have not had time to change our attitude. Each of us were flashed on their retina and incriminated as the most dangerous criminals.
Later I remembered an image like this
- Aaaaye! …and Zbang! – I heard something heavy falling. It was the mistress which slipped on the shit and the vomit from the entrance.
I never laughed so well since than…
- She didn’t see yet the disaster from the kitchen and living room!
- Well, see you soon. Now I am waiting to be punished. Haaaa, haaaa, haaaaaaaaaaaaaa….